Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Another UTI

I would love to know what the lesson is for us to learn from Maggie being sick so much. It seems pretty cruel. Poor kid has been up the last 2 night with raging fevers, vomiting and just generally not feeling well. That also translates to me being up, and having to function as a grown up the following day.

A few years ago when Maggie was frequently sick I was thinking about baby.#2 a friend asked me what I would do if both kids were sick since I was already missing so much work. I am wondering if this is the universes way of telling me one and done. I am not sure how I would handle 2 sick kids on my own. Then again I am thinking Maggie will be 5 before I cross that bridge again so maybe it will be easier.

Maggie always has bacteria that are resistant to the first antibiotic the Dr puts her on. We don't know it for a few days because they have to culture the bacteria and figure out what drug will treat it. While we are waiting and treating with the wrong med she is getting sicker. The pediatric urologist said at her last appt that our leash was shorter and if she had another infection before her ultrasound in 2 weeks that our leash will get even shorter. So I am guessing that we are headed to surgery, ugh! Poor kid can't catch a break.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment