I still love Idaho and Maggie is back to loving Idaho. My parents came at the beginning of the month and the transition after they left was rough on both Maggie and me.
School is awesome! My tiny little class is amazing, I really feel like I am meant to be here with these particular children right now. I love my co-workers, we have so much fun when we are together. I still feel like not being in an elementary classroom for the past 4 years was a detriment, it has been hard to get back into all the "business of educating." It will get better.
Halloween is coming, Maggie and I are going to be Fairies. Looking forward to our first real year of trick or treating, hoping that we can go to a few special events like Boo at the Zoo (Zoo Boise) and maybe do trick or treating in town on Saturday. Then head to Boise for Halloween evening.
Sam the dog seems to be hanging there. He stayed in Portland with my parents, he would not have handled the move well and we would not have been able to find a place to live. When my parents come over here though he stops eating - he has lost 10 pounds this month because they were gone for 4 days. Poor old puppy. His birthday is in December and he will be 10 years old. Which taking into consideration all his issues is probably a long life.
We are bummed that we aren't going to be able to head home for Thanksgiving :( first time ever for both of us that we have missed. Christmas is only a month away and then we will be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment