Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

Maggie is sick...

So on Monday I took Maggie to the dr. she was just acting kind of off. Turns out
she had an ear infection. The dr. made a side comment "Has she started
vomiting, yet?" I said no. Fast forward about 2 hours she starts vomiting.
Diarrhea not to long after that. We went back to the dr yesterday because this
had been going on since Monday. I had called on Tuesday when she was vomiting
after every drink. They put her on Zofran (anti-nausea) at that point. So she
took her Zofran, if she isn't on Zofran at this point she is throwing up. She
hasn't had a fever and I am vigilant about checking.

Our pediatrician (yesterdays visit) told us to call today with a poop and vomit
count. I called at 12:30, their office had just closed for the day (wish I had
known they were closing early, blame it on sleep deprivation.) I had to wait
for the dr on call, (a dr. who misdiagnosed Maggie the day before she ended up
in the hospital.) He called almost 2 hours after I had called (I called back
and put in another notice for him to call.) He finally calls back and after
hearing the background on what is going on said lets wait until tomorrow, call
tomorrow before 9am and tell them what has happened.

Tonight she starts vomiting (to much time between Zofran I guess thats another
story). So I call and say she is still vomiting (I know I didn't wait but she
threw up 5 times in the last two hours), it has been over an hour and I haven't
heard from the dr.

I am so frustrated. Maggie is sick, she has lost wait and if she keeps the
liquid down (liquid diet) it comes flying out the other in.

Advice? I don't know what to do. I feel like a neurotic parent, maybe this
seems worse to me than it really is.

So this is an FYI for parents at last weeks gathering (sorry), and a plea for
advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment