Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Job interview, monsoon, dust storm and no air conditioning...

Yep, that about sums up my day.

I had my interview in Holbrook.  I think it went well.  Not sure I will get it because I think the superintendent is pretty convinced I am an elementary teacher not a junior high teacher.  Who can blame him?  The town was nice, bigger than Stayton in square miles but smaller in population.  It would be a nice job great benefits but probably not for me.

I drove back to Phoenix to catch my flight on the way I encountered a Monsoon.  Apparently, Arizona has a monsoon season and this is it.  Ugh!!  I have never driven through something so horrible.  I actually had to pull over for a bit then decided to follow the Subaru and trudge on - glad I did it got me over the mountain and away from the storm.  I have video, never seen anything like it.  It was basically a vertical cloud from ground to sky.

I eventually made it to Phoenix and returned my car and caught the shuttle to the airport.  Once here could not get my flight changed so it looked like I was stuck for the next 26+hours.  Blah!  The Southwest Ticket agents weren't helpful at all.  So I left in a ball of sadness - all I wanted to do was go home.  I found a place to connect to the internet where I planned on slamming Southwest on every board I could.  But I thought, be fair Anne give them one more chance.  So I called their 1-800 number and talked to a customer service rep.  They were so nice they got me on a flight sooner - so now I will be leaving Phoenix at 7am tomorrow and arriving at 9:40am.  yay!  Not exactly what I wanted but a happy medium and I didn't have to pay the painful upgrade $269 to full fare.  Note to self find a different airline that charges a flat fee to change your reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment