Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

ready, ready to run...okay I am just ready for Maggie to feel better

It never occurred to me that Maggie was born with a birth defect until this week.  I guess I always thought of it as just being a temporary problem.  But as I was explaining Maggie's Urinary Tract problems to my bosses I realized that in fact it is a birth defect.  That makes me wonder then what I did wrong when I was pregnant, is it because I drank a few cokes? or took anti-depressants? or was just generally anxious and depressed did those things have an effect on her development?

It was a long week, Tuesday started with us in the ER with Maggie having a hi fever and her fever continued to bother us for the next 2 days.  Today (Friday) she finally seems to have kicked it.  Took her to daycare today, yay!

It is incredibly frustrating because I lost 2 days of work (my mom watched Maggie for one of the three days) along with the loss of the daycare we had already paid for.  That is a loss of approximately $500. 

I have always thought it was wrong for parents to send their kids to school or daycare when they are really sick - like more than just a cold.  Obviously someone sent their kids to school sick because Maggie got sick, I don't think that parents think about the impact of their actions on others or they just don't care.  I guess I care to much I wouldn't want Maggie getting someone else sick.  Yet, Maggie's teacher talks fo kids who are sent to school loaded up on Tylenol when the tylenol waers off their fevers spike and then they get sent home.  After they have contaminated every other kd in the school and the teachers.  Makes me loose faith in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment