Total Pageviews
Monday, February 18, 2013
I just needed one more hit, that's all I promise...
I am addicted to Facebook, I admit it. As of February 17, 2013 at 9:30pm, I am taking a break until the after Easter. My life was feeling to dependent on Facebook, that was how I was living my life and it was so fake. I loved being able to be involved in my friends lives - but then I began to wonder how many of these people are really my friend. And some friends were annoying me on there. So I am taking a break.
But, I just needed one more hit, a sample, a taste of it. It was for a good reason, but that is just an excuse. My mom received a call from my bothers girlfriend to let us know that their daughter's blood work came back that her adrenal glands were over producing. I know she would contact me via Facebook, so i had to check in.
It is always scary to have your child sick, or diagnosed with an illness, or to find out that there is something wrong but not have a clear answer. Maggie - has been sick a majority of her life, the past 5 months have been the healthiest she ha ever been and she has in that period of time dealt with - a horrible UTI, stomach flu, and a cold. Compared to where were 2 years ago - she was spiking 105+ temperatures every weekend with no clear illness, and even a year ago with chronic strep throat and ear infections. I know that Maggie is on the mend. I hope that my niece's problems are diagnosed and treated quickly and painlessly.
So, what am I going to do with all the time I am not facebooking? Good question, considering I checked my Facebook every time I left the classroom (without kids), on my lunch break, in the evening, in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning. Well, I am blogging - it has been a while. So I know I need to get my thoughts out, blogging will probably be a good outlet for that. But, I am hoping that instead of facebooking during lunch I will be able to go on long walks on the college campus.
I can't say that I am giving this up for Lent, I no longer celebrate Lent. But, I do know that last year at this time I went through the same feelings that I needed a break from Facebook. At that time I didn't take a break, I was so entangled with Facebook. But, this year I am putting myself and Maggie before some internet activity. I have never dealt with addiction myself. I have been around when family member dealt with it and I can imagine that this is what it feels like to some extent. I have a migraine, I feel stressed, I feel like I am squelching some part of me. I know this is for the best and hopefully I will start to feel better as time goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment