Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Uninvited?

I never thought that having a baby would change my friendships so much.  I have always been so accepting of everyone's children and loved them.  But it is amazing to me how it is not reciprocated (granted a few truly love Maggie) but not necessarily the ones I expected.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I lost two friends, one who I considered my best friend and the other a good friend.  I lost them to their own selfishness.  They couldn't accept the lifestyle and choices I had made and thus made judgments against me.  Recently, my other best friend has begun acting strange and while I don't specifically have a three strikes and your out policy it is becoming increasingly hard to want to keep her in our life. 

My best friend invited us to her daughters First Birthday.  I was excited to go, I have hardly seen my friends since Maggie was born and thought this would be a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, she called on Thursday and let me know that she was "uninviting" me to her daughters birthday.  The reason - Maggie is still contagious with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.  While that is true based on the CDC the only way she is contagious is if someone basically eats her skin cells.  I don't know how many people at the party would have licked Maggie but I guess that chance was just to great.

Honestly, I have to wonder if the reason wasn't more about the adults than the children.  It is hard to not have my feelings hurt by this recent incident.  I am lucky in that I have other friends who support me and support my lifestyle and choices.  For those friends I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment