While I am thankful to have employment now - I kind of feel like I want to get the heck out of Oregon. I am ready for the next adventure of Annie and Maggie. I was talking to a friend today and she asked me how my job was going - I said I hate it. But I think God led me to this job so I would be more motivated to find a teaching job anywhere. So as my friend Kathy says - give it up to God - done. Just waiting for his guidance.
I have applied for over 100 teaching jobs and only a small handful 1-2 are in Oregon. I am targeting states with the most teaching jobs; Florida, Utah. Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming and Oklahoma. Quite a variety there of climates and locations. I am excited about any teaching job - but for some reason I really like the idea of teaching in Wyoming - it is a 17 hour drive back to Portland. Which is to long for a weekend trip but it is short enough for a week long trip. SO I could see us coming to visit for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break and Summer. One thing that I love about applying for these jobs is that a lot of them start in Late June/Early August.
I don't know that at this time it matters where we end up, I would like a smaller town or city. I am just so ready.
Maggie is doing awesome!!! She is cutting 2 new teeth today - thank God! I was pretty sure I was going to have to invest in a partial set of dentures ;) She has her front top and bottom now she is getting the teeth to the left of those two, one on top and one on bottom. My dad noticed them today when she was in the swing in the backyard - she was laughing and poof he saw the white. They haven't broken through the skin yet but they are very close. I just hope they aren't going to decide to go back down.
Right this minute my mini-genius is reading a book to her Grandpa. Okay she doesn't know the words but she is sitting there with the book open making sounds like she is reading. She has some great early literacy skills!!!
She is growing so much!! I went through multiple pairs of pants yesterday for her because none of them fit they were all suddenly capri length. Which is great if we ever get summer but at this rate not so much. So off to Target today to hit up the sales rack for some pants. 18month and 24 month. Wow!! How did that happen!! She is a little tall for her age but nothing outstanding. I do know she just went through a big growth spurt.
Maggie loves Music, she loves song being sang to her, listening to music on the radio or playing her own music on her baby piano. She loves dancing to the music - it is quite funny to peak at her in the rear view mirror and see her be-bopping up and down left and right.
It is so cool being her Mom!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment