Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nose surgery

Yesterday, I had my sinus surgery.  I hate having surgery.  My Dr. swears up and down that this is the last one I will have to have.  Apparently my deviated septum was a major culprit in all these sinus infections on top of being exposed repeatedly to allergens in my classroom.  I got to the hospital at 11am and left there around 9:15.  My mom was awesome, she had my Grandma P. there with her for the morning then took Grandma home and picked Maggie up after I was in recovery.  We thought I would be in an out in no time after the surgery.  But I was in the recovery area a lot longer than normal  - like 2-3 hours instead or 90 minutes.  Maggie was also a trooper throughout this - although I am sure my mom was exhausted by the time all was said and done.  I heard from the nurses that Maggie had my mom running around in circles in the waiting room.

Hopefully, I will feel better soon.  If not, I am not going to work tomorrow.  I have to go to work for a little bit on Thursday for a mandatory meeting.  But that may be the only time I am in this week. :(

I can't wait until Thursday when the packing gets removed from my nose - yay!! I will probably be able to breath through my nose by Saturday.  Just in time for Maggie's birthday.

Maggie's birthday present came today - she is getting a Balance Bike.  I wanted to assemble it and bring it to her birthday party so she could get it there.  But, I don't think I will have the energy to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment