I just re-read the essay I wrote about why I should be chosen for this position and I cannot believe they even wanted me to interview. I apparently did not re-read the essay before I sent it in. It is horrible. The bold are words I should have added and words that are crossed out should not be there. I am embarrassed to show up tomorrow.
When I talked with the district rep on Friday she made it seem like they had several candidates - but seriously I wouldn't even interview me after reading this essay. There have to be candidates who did a better job writing their essays.
I reviewed my application and the steps to get hired are as follows:
1. Preliminary screening of applications
2. Additional information may be requested
3. Finalists will be required to attend a personal interview at the district office (This is the step I am on.)
4. Recommendation for employment will be submittetted to the board of trustees
5. Notification of employment will be sent to the candidate.
I am applying for the 2nd grade teaching positions – I feel that some major strengths I have that will support my role as a second grade teacher are; classroom management, reading, hands on teaching, my belief that every child is an able learner – and that their the teacher needs to meet their needs individually and my creativity when it comes to teaching.
I have been extensively trained in Love & Logic for classroom management.; I have also learned some organizational strategies to help facilitate management of large groups of students. Some organizational strategies I have used include; Ccard Ssystem – where each student has a pocket on a chart in that pocket there are 4 cards, red, green, yellow and purple a card is flipped when behavior warrants. Numbers/letters/words on the floor to help create line, and creative grouping strategies to name a few of the strategies I use in my classroom.
I am a passionate learner and teacher – my students can see that by how I treat them and their learning. I believe that as a teacher I need to teach to their zone of proximal development, I have seen all my past students flourish when I am teaching to their ZPD. Teaching to each student ZPD gives them the opportunity to be challenged and to learn new and exciting skills and to feel that they are a competent learning.
Every student can learn – but not every teacher can teach. I am the kind of teacher who makes sure my students have the opportunity to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment