I have a love/hate relationship with Stayton. But I think it is more of a love.
Maggie and I went down there today - hoping that by being there North Santiam SD will call me for an interview. :) Anyway, we had the incredible opportunity to spend time with people who love us unconditionally.
We walked with our friend T. to pick her boys up from the school I used to teach at, on the way she mad e a comment and I said "well, I can't go on St. M property anyway, the principal banned me." I think she was surprised that I remembered that. But I really do not want any trouble.
We got to the school and waited outside - as the school bell rang and students came out the doors - I was greeted with shouts of "MISS GECK MAGGIE!!!" from the third graders - students who I taught in Kindergarten. Wow! Did that make me feel good - tons of hugs and student playing with Maggie, it made me feel loved and reminded me that I am a teacher because I made a difference in all these kids lives. Wow!!
As we were leaving I was greeted by a teacher who had retired at the end of my second year. Mrs. R. she was so sweet - and asked if Maggie was mine. She was there as a long term sub. It was obvious that she had no clue as to why I was no longer working there. On the other side of the street was Heather. I think I am doing good, moving past the past. I still get hung up occasionally but I think that in order for me to find a teaching job and move on I need to stick with forgive and forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment