Today I had an interview for a teaching job in Sanders, Arizona. Teaching Pre-Kindergarten full time:
$36,120 (salary) $3,010/month
- $85--175 for room and board/month - yep they offer housing for their teachers
- $200 for health insurance/month
This sounds like a great job except that childcare will be hard to find. This is on a Navajo reservation and there are no childcare centers. I would have to hope to find someone there to watch Maggie. The closest "City" is Flagstaff, AZ or Albuquerque, NM both are 150 miles away. There is a Dollar General in this town but the nearest grocery store is 40 miles away.
When I got done with this interview today, I found an email from another principal in Arizona - Bullhead City, Arizona to be specific. I tried to not be to excited. A Kindergarten teaching job in a real city. Bullhead City is on the Arizona border directly across from Laughlin, NV. It is the hottest city in the U.S. with an average temp in July of 110 - 115 degrees. I interview for this position on Thursday, yay!!! I checked into housing there and it is affordable, Maggie and I could live in a 2 bedroom house near the river for like $600. How exciting!! And buying a house is not impossible.
No comments:
Post a Comment